From:
Paul Sand <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 4 Jul 2001 12:36:22 +0200
I had a sever acne in my teens years and than I was on SAD diet so it's
really hard to tell what was the reason.

When I went vegetarian my acne stopped but I developed lots of other skin
problems (dry skin fyungi infections, etc.) so it was not very good
trade-off.
I was eating fat (olive oil, dairy, nuts) while being vegetarian
so fat is not responsible for everything.

Now on low carb when I experimented with very high fat dietes ( more than
80% of cal) I always deveolped acne. It can be explained two ways:
- fat itself caused more oil production (as matesz explained)
- high levels of stress hormones/insuline due to deep ketosis.

In traditional medicines skin problems are linked to kidney inefficiency so
skin takes the role of getting rid of toxins. Maybe

So to conclude I think any diet which is not balanced for an individual
creates some toxicity in the body and may manifest itself as skin problems.