From:
Mike Weis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 22 Oct 2006 16:25:22 -0400
It's been a long time since I've posted anything to the list, but here's
something I just couldn't resist commenting on.

The place to look for your bad breath problem is not in the toilet but in
your mouth! The issue is probably not so much WHAT you're eating or how your
are digesting it, as it is HOW you are caring for your teeth. Here is a
sure-fire cure for bad breath that I got from my dentist, but you have to
follow every step at least twice a day for it to work:

1. Brush your teeth for two minutes. 30 seconds on each tooth surface, i.e.
30 seconds on the outer surface of the top teeth, 30 seconds on the outer
surface of the bottom, 30 seconds on the chewing surface and inner surface
of upper, and 30 seconds on the chewing surface and inner surface of bottom.
Of course, what order you do this in makes no difference. Concentrate on the
area where the tooth surface meets the gums. You do not, nor should you
press hard when brushing your teeth. Never use anything harder than a "soft"
toothbrush.

2. Brush your tongue and rinse with water. Yes, brush your tongue. Most of
the germs which cause bad breath will be found on your tongue. You have to
brush as much of the tongue's surface as you can. Don't make yourself gag,
but brush as far back as you can without causing yourself discomfort.

3. Scrape your tongue and rinse again. Go to the drugstore and buy one of
those rounded plastic scrapers. You'll find them near the toothbrushes. You
can buy one for two or three bucks that will last you for years. You don't
have to scrape hard. Just draw it across the surface of your tongue a few
times until you've covered the whole surface.

4. Floss. Yes. That's right. Floss AFTER you've finished brushing. Different
dentists will tell you different things. This is what my dentist told me.
Lot's of foul smelling stuff can accummulate between your teeth. Get it out
of there by flossing regularly and do it after you've finished brushing.

5. Gargle and rinse out your mouth with REAL mouthwash for 30 seconds.
Listerine is real mouthwash. Scope is just flavored water. Look at the
ingredients and you'll see the difference. Listerine is fairly expensive,
but most major drug stores carry generic brands with the exact same
ingredients that is much cheaper.

I guarantee you that no matter what you eat, if you follow this dental
hygiene program, you will notice a huge improvement in the quality of your
breath within a couple days. I did. My dentist told me that the color of
your tongue should be pink. If you have bad breath, it is likely that your
tongue will appear to be some other color, like white or brown or yellow.
Make it pink.

Good luck.