From:
Mark Labbee <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 14 Feb 2001 12:45:03 -0500
I am Mark, I am.
So many fine things are always available fresh nowadays.

However on a beautiful island with a forest of coconut trees on the beach,
Papaya and Mangos in the center and some areas with delicious sweetpotatoes,
Avocados, Lemons, Bananas and Durian...
all in the year 1,000,000 bc... wouldn't be bad eather.

Amadeus from Munich, Bavaria

I eat bananas but sweet potatoes make me sick (I have Crohn's disease). One
of my sisters is a vegetarian who eat cheese and eggs. A nephew (one of her
children), who is 18, has developed Crohn's disease over the past year and
he too has been a vegetarian for several years. He has adopted a grain free
vegetarian diet with eggs, cheese, and nuts as the primary foods. He has
done well on this diet and his doctors are astounded by his improvement. I
have done well on a meat centered diet with some veggies, fruit, and nuts.
The list has been discussing grasses and grains and my input is that nothing
makes me sicker faster than wheat and/or corn. The times I have had relapses
in my Crohn's is when I have been eating breakfast cereals containing them.
My sister mentioned to me that my nephew had been eating breakfast cereals
containing wheat and corn for several years before developing  Crohn's
disease. He cannot tolerate soy or any other legumes either except peanuts.
Since grains have been implicated in so many diseases of an inflammatory
nature (Crohn's, Anklyosing Spondylitis, Ulcerative Colitis, Rheumatoid
Arthritis), I find it hard to believe they constituted an appreciable amount
of any hominid's diet or there would have been evidence of Rheumatoid
arthritis in human bones long before 10,000 years ago.

Mark enjoying the sunshine today