From:
Brenda Young <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 19 Jun 2005 08:42:21 -0700
Thomas, what a lovely post and a great reminder of how we should live our lives in general!!!  Thank you for that!!

On another note, I've basically been lurking here on and off.  I joined this list a looooong time ago, thanks to Ginny (hi, sweetie:), but could never figure out how to get to it after I joined, sigh.  Then, remember when something weird happened with YaHoo and everyone started getting posts in their emails even if they had chosen to read on the board, (like I did originally)....well, I couldn't figure out how to change that, either!!!  I was getting highly irritated with all the posts, but now I'm becoming somewhat intrigued, go figure!!!  Soooo....would someone kindly tell me how in the heck to get to the actual site so I can do a little reading about the basic premise of this way of life??  Just from reading some of the latest posts, I guess I'm somewhat on the right track anyway, ie doing more snacking than meal-eating, and mostly eating meats and veggies (although I still love my bread and mashed potatoes!!), but I would like to develop a better understanding at this point.
 Thanks so much.

Love,

Bren

> But hey, if they can't take it or are not open to it, are they really
> the
> kind of friends we want in our lives? I don't yet have an answer to
> that.

Gotta answer this one. I wouldn't ever cut someone out of my life for
trivial reasons. And diet is trivial compared to so many other things.
My wife isn't paleo, fills the kitchen with baked goods and bread. So
what? I didn't marry her for her taste in food. When I go home to visit
my Mom, I eat as much of the food she cooks as I can. I just avoid the
bread etc. It isn't her business to mind my diet, and it isn't mine to
mind hers. I do mention why I eat what I do, and that I fell a lot
better on it.

Especially to my Dad, who has all the same physical troubles that I do,
right down to the same trick knee. I asked him how much money he would
pay not to have his knees hurt any more. He said, quite a lot. In fact
he has paid a lot of money, and they still hurt. But I don't make an
emotional issue of it. It is just an occasional topic for conversation.
People don't respond well to being pushed. I doubt I can change the
mind of a 75 year old man anyway. He has to change his own mind. Maybe
seeing me coming in from a five mile run will help. Maybe not.

Whatever. If your girlfriend is a good person, and matches you
emotionally, don't sweat the little things.