From:
"B. Stone" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 6 Aug 1999 23:34:28 -0700
Well,

    For those of us who have real lives and can't spend our time wandering through
the forest looking for food (and don't have an unlimited supply of money in which
to buy only PURE foods) here is what I do.  I have a VERY limited budget for food
($120/mo).  I have been on the paleo diet for two months now with the food that I
can find in the local grocery store.  True, the meat has nitrates, the veggies may
not be the most fresh, and the eggs are probably "quasi-natural".  BUT, I am
living within my means, I am eating paleo (although not PURE), my weight is
dropping - my intestinal problems have stopped - I have more energy - and I feel
for the first time in a long time that I have hope.
    If and when your financial situation changes for the better, THEN you can buy
the free range beef, the natural eggs, the pork w/o nitrates, etc. etc.  Until
that time, don't let anyone tell you that by eating these things I have previously
mentioned you are not paleo.  Anyone who does is a paleo-snob.  Be of good cheer.
You can do it.

...  Bradley