From:
Timothy Gardina <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 12 Nov 2002 12:51:47 -0500
Has the topic of increasing uric acid and gout been raised when eating more meat.  I'm new to PALEOFOOD and would like to have any comments concerning this concern.  Gout runs in the family.

I would also like to know if anyone knows what family yucca comes from.  I live in Central America and it is often used in cooked meat dishes.  I know it is a root plant and would like to know if it is related to potatoes.

Thanks

Tim