From:
Tom Bridgeland <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 7 Oct 2003 22:03:25 +0900
On Tuesday, October 7, 2003, at 07:37  PM, Mike Dilger wrote:

> Skeletal remains show that most paleolithic people died quite young.
> Life was hard back then.

All good arguments, but the evolutionists claim that is not true. We
live as long as we do because we are designed to do so. If people way
back when were not living that long, then none of us would have the
genes to allow us to either. Apparently it turns out good for the tribe
to have a  bunch of old folks around to watch the kiddys, or whatever
they did. Now clearly there was lots of premature death, and by our
standards a low percent made those high ages, but it still had to be
quite a few or we wouldn't have that adaptation now.

Our long lives make us freaks in the animal world. No other warm
blooded animal comes close except elephants, maybe whales. Generally
large animals live longer than smaller ones, so we are way past the
curve. There must be some strong evolutionary pressure to have this
result.