From:
Ray Audette <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 21 Jun 2000 03:33:23 -0500
From: Amadeus Schmidt
> So where is the real million year long lasting energy source?
> Rich in fat animals are a arctic or "northern" ecological niche.
> Rich in fats in african savannah were nuts and some seeds.

For 95% of the last 2 million years, most of Africa was a temperate climate.
The southern portion of the continent was dominated by an ice sheet bordered
by steepe-tundra.

Grass lands predominated almost everywhere.  The Africa that we see today
scarcely resembles the much cooler continent of the Pleistocene.  Likewise,
the animals that are hunted today scarcely resembles the Pleistocene
Megafauna that lived in this animal dense enviroment.

Grassland humans in recent times ( including the Souix of the American
Plains and Tutsi Tribesmen of Africa) consume almost nothing but meat
because other Primates foods do not exist in this enviroment for most of the
year.  When consuming such a diet, one must eat at least 70% of calories
from animal fats to avoid "rabbit starvation" and death.

The only enviroment where paleo vegetable foods are available all year long
is the modern supermarket.  Your vegetarian lifestyle only promotes their
profit interests.

Bacon is all that lies between a billion pigs ( an example of Pleistocen
megafauna that survived through domestication) and the endangered species
list.  Don't betray the covenant we formed with them when the ice age ended
and sea levels rose (the Biblical flood).

Ray Audette
Author "NeanderThin"
http://www.neanderthin.com