From:
Thomas Bridgeland <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 22 Feb 2003 14:28:10 +0900
On Saturday, February 22, 2003, at 07:48  AM, William Schnell wrote:

 >  They had killed off and eaten most of their preferred food,
 >>> the big fatty animals, and were facing starvation.
 >>
 >
 > I know that this is believed, but not by me.
 > Don't know if it can be proven.
 > Paleopeople stupid enough to eat all the best food?

You should read about the Easter Island people. It is the world in
microcosm. A few people made it to a tropical paradise. Their numbers
increased, until they had eaten all the animals, cut down all the
trees, and then their population fell. When outsiders found them they
didn't have enough wood even to build boats for themselves. The whole
world was moving (many people believe it still is) in the same
direction, of more and more people, and fewer and fewer animals and
trees etc. If we had not invented modern technology we would have (and
may still) end up just the same.

Paleo people may have some certain wisdom, we don't know now, but they
were not able to see more than we can today, probably less, because we
have books from thousands of years ago to tell us how things were.