From:
Dori Zook <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 29 Dec 2000 08:13:21 -0700
Federal greetings, all!

I know many of us here are members of other diet-related lists.  Feel free
to forward or cut-n-paste the info below to everyone you know.
Remember, all comments to the USDA are public record.  Will your input
affect the protocol of the study?  Personally, I doubt it but numbers DO
mean something; look at what happened in Florida.

I'll gladly forward the whole kit and caboodle to anyone who privately
requests it, but the information below will suffice if you wish to give your
2 cents to Uncle Sam on the USDA study.

Have fun!

Dori Zook
Denver, CO

A. Agenda

The agenda includes,
(1) Reporting of Phase I of the USDA research,
(2) Prototype of research protocols for Phase II, and (3) Oral
testimony.

B. How and to Whom Do I Submit Written Comments?

You may submit written comments in hard copy (note: fax or mail only!) by
January 15, 2001, 5:00 p.m. E.S.T, to:

Shanthy A. Bowman, Ph.D.
USDA
Agricultural Research Service
BHNRC/CNRG
10300 Baltimore Boulevard
Building 005
Room 125, BARC-West
Beltsville, MD 20705-2350

301-504-0619 (phone)
301-504-3252 (fax)

C. How Do I Register To Present Oral Testimony?

Registration is required to provide oral input at the public
meeting on January 11, 2001. Requests to provide oral input at the
meeting should be submitted by 5:00 p.m. E.S.T., January 9, 2001, to
Shanthy A. Bowman, Ph.D., USDA, Agricultural Research Service, BHNRC/
CNRG, 10300 Baltimore Boulevard, Building 005, Room 125, BARC-West,
Beltsville, MD, 20705-2350, (301) 504-0619 (phone), 301-504-3252 (fax).
Name of the presenter, organization affiliation (if applicable), source of
funding (if applicable), and contact phone number are required for
registration. There is no fee to attend the meeting and to provide oral
testimony. One person per organization will be selected on first come basis.
Presentations should be limited to three (3) minutes or less.  Registration
will also be accepted at the meeting, if time slots are available.

For further information contact: Shanthy A. Bowman, Ph.D., USDA,
Agricultural Research Service, 10300 Baltimore Boulevard, Building 005,
BARC-West, Beltsville, MD 20705-2350, (301) 504-0619.