From:
ginny wilken <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 19 Jul 2001 06:02:28 +0000
>Please give me some incentives to omit the dairy from my diet!  Will
>eliminating cream help me lose fat?  I guess I am in limbo right now.  I
>am like a drunk who knows alcohol is bad for them, but cannot quit.  I
>need some guidance and counseling.
>
>TIA,
>Jan in CO

I don't share the view that dairy need be totally excluded. To some extent
the tolerance for it is an individual thing. I use 1/2 & 1/2 in coffee and
tea, and eat some hard, full-fat cheeses. I don't feel it has limited the
effect of the Paleo diet for me. I would be more concerned about cottage
cheese because the quantities would tend to be larger. I would look in
several other directions: total carb intake, especially of fruit; total
calories and the spacing and size of meals, i.e., bigger breakfast, more
smaller meals during the day, with a small early dinner. And if you want to
"bulk up", you need to train properly without overdoing it.

On the other hand, if you are healthy and able to do what you please,
perhaps you have reached the body composition that is most natural for you.
On any version of low carb, you are doing far better than most, and I don't
think you need to beat yourself up about a little cream in the tea. Please
ask further if you'd like.

ginny and Tomo

All stunts performed without a net!