From:
Richard Geller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 22 Nov 2000 10:14:52 -0500
> >Many people suggest eating more fat, but that brings its own
> >concerns (heart disease, possibly cancer).

what I try to do as far as fat:

lots of eggs

goose fat for cooking  -- high in monosaturated fat and a good balance of
fats

nuts and avocados of course

flaxseed oil to balance out omega 3s (taken with mixed natural tocopherols)
in the nuts

fat occurring in meats (even satfat in grain fed animals although of course
range fed is better)

olive oil in salad dressings

good homemade or store expeller pressed mayonaise for tuna or chicken salad

I aim to get most of my calories from fat. I think the one thing to be
careful of is to balance omega 3 and omega 6 fats as most of the nuts we eat
have not enough omega 6. Yes, I eat fatty fish when I can (sardines
especially) but it's hard to eat enough coldwater fatty fish.

I have never checked my cholesterol on my own but I got life insurance at
the most rock bottom preferred rate and they put a very high stock in blood
lipid profiles so I guess mine are good.

--Richard