From:
Padraig Hogan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 1 Jul 2009 15:22:18 -0400
I'm not a regular of this list but I'm absolutely SICKENED by some of the stuff
that's been said here.

1. The idea that fruit are somehow artificially selected to have more sugars is
an extremely poor argument and it just doesn't bear out in reality. Many fruits
such as dates have far less sugar than their wild counterparts, it's because
they're too sweet. Just because you have mental issues with sugar doesn't
mean we all automatically go for sugar more. You can still go to places
untouched by humanity today and find the same or sweeter fruits!!!!! You'd
have to be extremely naive and just... your head in a very bad way because
of emotions to think that fruit are ANYTHING like refined sugars in ANY
respect.

Many people such as myself find those fruits too sweet. We won't be pushed
into it, we really don't like the sugar. I have always much prefered white
grapefruit and I never realised it contained less sugar. I like the juiciest, best-
tasting apples... those are NOT the sweet ones. Sweetness leaves a sickly
feeling in me. Ironically if there is a nugget of truth in it it'd be as a result of
fat people such as themselves.

2. You're fat because you eat processed food, not because of fruit. I was
always about 155lbs before, whenever I ate just fruit (with a little bit of
eggs/fish), I automatically dropped tons of weight without even wanting to.
I'm about 144lbs now and I think I will continue losing for quite a while still. I
have to make myself eat the fruit now. Many of the tiny amounts of calories in
fruit pass straight through as Richard Wrangham has shown recently.

3. I accept that maybe some people really, really can't eat 100% fruit and
become as light as they want on it. Otherwise everyone would be doing it. I
feel really sorry for you... but the reason that your system is messed up like
that is from abuses of processed foods previously.