From:
Adrienne Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 24 Jun 2004 08:03:27 -0500
On Wed, 16 Jun 2004 09:36:12 -0700, ginny wilken <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:

>On Wednesday, Jun 16, 2004, at 05:28 US/Pacific, Paleogal wrote:
>
>> Humble potato gets the low carb treatment
>
>Unbelievable! This just says it all about priorities and ignorance.
>

>ginny

What's wrong with a low-carb tuber?? -- I think it's a fantastic idea.
Nobody knows what paleos ate for certain and there is much disagreement as
to whether or not they ate tubors.  Many on this list eat yams and sweet
potatos because they claim their lower glycemic index would be more akin to
what our paleo ancestors ate. The new low-carb potato would be lower in
carbs than sweet potatos and yams.  Any,  I do not believe that most of our
modern non-starchy veggies are necessarily identical to what paleos ate.
Also, many crops have been especially bred to be bigger, sweeter, etc. So I
think it's a great idea to create a low carb spud. It may not be exactly
paleo but it's an improvement over a popular high glycemic index food and
it's a way to keep a lot of farmers in business. I'm all for it.