From:
Amadeus Schmidt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 17 Jul 1998 05:15:33 -0400
On Thu, 16 Jul 1998 19:37:46 -0700, Ray Audette <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>The relationship between Neanderthals and Cro-Magnons is still being
>hotly debated.  Recent DNA studies have sugested that modern men
><snip>
>A similar animal anology exists that may preclude such claims.
>Anatomical dogs first appear in the fossil record about 12,000 years ago.
>DNA studies show than they began to split off from wolves about 120,000
>years ago.
Hey Ray, what are you going to imply with your wolf's-story?
That some humans still bear neanderthal-genes?
DNA-Analysis shows clearly that last common anchestors
died 120000 years ago.
Neanderthal skeletons are easyly distinguished from cro-magnons by many
signs (not by br
ain size, theirs was bigger... ).
Take it as a fact, their story did not continue,
if you leave out, maybe Arnold Schwarzenegger (just a joke).

So if you book-title is Neanderthin....
it's still a great title - let them remain extinct.

><snipsnip>
>One man with dogs can still
>out hunt 20 without (or a wolf pack), perhaps some speculate,leading to
>the Pleistocene extinctions which led to the Neolithic Revolution!
And one !Kung woman (or man) collecting nuts can out-gather her hunting
relatives in an hour....
Neanderthal extinction was 33000BC,
Neolithic Revolution was 10000BC,
simply after climate allowed it. I can't see a connection.
It were the same people - CroMagnon.

>Ray Audette (who considers Falconry to be a daily totemic religious
>ritual)
>Author "NeanderThin:A Caveman's Guide to Nutrition"

regards
Amadeus Schmid
t (who likes falcons but is not into falconry)
Not yet an Author