From:
Kendra and Karen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 22 Jan 2000 11:34:52 -0600
Hey all:

We have eaten raw eggs in pear drinks, like mentioned, as well as the
mayonnaise.  We buy eggs from the supermarket, since we do not have chickens
yet, and have never had a problem.  I think it may have something to do with why
so many Paleo eaters can eat raw meat without getting ill.  I truly feel my body
may be able to handle the bacteria present.  Remember there is usually more E.
Coli and probably Salmonella on salads.

If anyone is interested, we found a site that sells 100% egg white protein
powder by special order.  You can customize your own and have it sweetened with
Stevia or Acesulfame-K or a combination.  We are wondering if anyone knows if
Acesulfame-K is the same thing as Splenda?  They appear to have come around at
the same time and there is no chemical name I can find for what Splenda is.
They seem to both be derivatives of sucrose and are not absorbed or changed in
the body.  They apparently pass on through unmetabolized?  Our husbands like to
have a quick and easy protein drink they can grab and go.  We enjoy it too, we
won't lie.  We know there is processing involved but we think it is a lesser
evil especially compared to protein bars and drinks that are on the market.
Plus it is cheaper at about $5.00/lb.  We choose vanilla flavoring as chocolate
has too many ingredients involved.  We had vitamins added at $1.39/lb and they
sell a superior flax seed oil to add some fats, they are working on getting
macadamia oil also.  (I wanted the hemp oil, apparently balanced with Omega-6 to
3's but it is illegal in the US, I told them I would not inhale.  Hemp oil still
contains some minute level of THC and per US, it is d' DEVIL!! ;-})

If anyone is interested the site is  www.proteinfactory.com.  We are not
affiliated with them in any way other than we purchased some customized protein
powder.  We just can not find 100% egg powder anywhere except their and as an
added benefit you can get it sweetened with Stevia.

Kendra and Karen
NeanderTwins