From:
Robert Kesterson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 24 Oct 2007 08:35:09 -0500
On Wed, 24 Oct 2007 07:50:09 -0500, <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> The most telling sentence in the review is "If low-carbohydrate diets are
> so wonderful, why is anyone fat? Most people who struggle with their
> weight have tried these diets and nearly all have regained everything
> they lost, as they do with other diets. What is the problem?"  Only a
> knucklehead would write a sentence like that.  The answer is simple,
> lowcarb diets are wonderful but nobody ever said they are easy to follow.

Not only that, but the phrasing of the sentence implies that once the
people lost  certain amount of weight, they resumed their old eating
habits, and regained the weight.  If the old eating habits are what put
the weight on them in the first place, it doesn't take a rocket scientist
to figure out that resuming those same old habits is going to put the
weight back on..

> Dieting is psychologically difficult, regardless of the diet followed.

Absolutely.  Not only that, the very notion of "being on a diet" implies
that it's something you'll do for a while to achieve a goal, then stop
doing it.   That's why it's far better to never diet, but instead change
your eating habits to something you can stay with permanently.  I
constantly have people see what I eat and ask if I'm "on a diet".  I
always have to answer "No, this is just how I eat all the time."

--
   Robert Kesterson