From:
Jim Walsh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 1 Jan 2002 04:02:48 +1030
"Oliva [log in to unmask] XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX" wrote:

> How else can we ascertain that foreign proteins cause maladies of all sorts?

Peer reviewed scientific studies.

> No better way than to eliminate them and notice how well we feel....

Unfortunately the placebo effect can result in around 60% of people
"thinking" themselves feeling better. I would really like something more
objective than my own (fallible) judgement.

> I don't need a politically appointed study from D.C. to tell me I don't feel
> well with nightshades, legumes and grains....  I feel like a crippled
> depressive with that stuff.....  Corn is the pits with me.....  I let my
> body tell me....  Cordain doesn't need to show me studies but it would have
> validated what I already know.....

I unfortunately don't have much "wiggle" room. I have *severe* heart
disease. (My cardiologist recently told a colleague that he was
surprised that I was still alive!) If I make a mistake about what I
choose to eat the (fingers crossed) years may become months or weeks. I
really do *need* objective scientific evidence to base my decisions on.

Jim.
(Oh... and Happy New year to Everyone!)  :)