From:
"Day, Wally" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 18 Jun 2010 15:25:58 -0600
Sorry, I'm extremely skeptical regarding paleo "curing" allergies. I have allergic reactions to a few pollens. It occurs at very specific times of the year. Even when I eat my absolute cleanest, I still have a reaction (though, admittedly it's less severe).

What's funny, I seem to experience fewer symptoms when I bicycle (and really breathing in the allergens) than if I'm inside most of the day and then go outside. I've never figured out what mechanism might be at work there.

Jim, I'm the same way when it comes to dairy/beer - they increase the allergic reaction. -Sometimes-. It makes me wonder if it's not so much being "un-plaeo", but rather if it's a "synergistic" allergic reaction. Perhaps if the body is dealing with the primary allergen it can't handle the introduction of a secondary allergen. But, if the immune response to the first allergen is just "winding down", the seconday allergen has less effect. Or, something like that.