From:
Don Wiss <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 11 Nov 2000 12:52:01 -0500
Dori Zook wrote:

>Amadeus wrote...
>
>>>Fortunately (for neolithic cultures) or by accident cereals and legumes
>>>help
>>>out each other in exactely the one low amino acid, so the biological value
>>>of a composition of legumes and cereals is even higher as the one of meat

>Are we forgetting all the problems with legumes and cereals, Amadeus?

And if one reads Lutz and Allan's "Life Without Bread" one will learn about
the health problems from any high carb diet, irrespective of where the
carbs come from. His clinical experience, the book is full of examples from
his clinical practice, is 72 carbs a day is right. Any more and health
problems ensure.

Here's my example. While I'm paleo in my diet, I was drinking lots of
orange juice, making it my primary beverage. So I was way over 72 grams of
carbohydrates. I cut back the OJ. A couple days later I had my blood
pressure tested. It was 112/70. She checked it twice. It had always been
130/70. In the book he points out that a low carb diet will bring about an
immediate 20 point drop in the systolic reading. He was right.

So Amadeus. Are you consuming more than 72 grams of carbs?

Don.