From:
Liza May <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 18 Apr 1999 07:58:30 -0400
Katie,
> Sticking
> to grind-your-own is safest. Grind-your-own tastes so good, why not?

Todd,
> This works well enough for things like oregano, cinnamon, and
> things that are available in that form.  It's less feasible,
> where I live, for turmeric and cumin.  At least, I haven't found
> a source for these.

I've always bought spices from the bulk bins either at Asian markets,
or Indian, Arabic, or other ethnic stores, or at food co-ops, or
health food stores, first because they're MUCH cheaper, and second
because I assumed they were more likely to be just the spice and
nothing else. I buy them un-ground if possible (just because they
taste better when you grind them on the spot). Cumin I have always
been able to find in the whole form.

What about the health-food-store company that sells a line of bottled
spices - "Frontier Herbs" I think it might be called? Katie do you
know anything about them?

Love Liza
--
[log in to unmask] (Liza May)