From:
Stacie Lorenson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 22 Dec 1998 21:32:06 -0800
> >People are saying that the trichinosis (the stuff that makes raw pork toxic) is no longer a problem >in north america. I am not going to be the first to prove that wrong- I fully cook my pork.

Pork is no longer a problem in North America and Western European countries if it is domestic_commercially_raised_pork. The wild pig that you shoot to eat still must be fully cooked! As with all wild animals, there is the risk of parasites if not fully cooked. Also, I wouldn't trust the pig that my neighbors butchered either. So please don't tell people that all North American pork is supposedly safe. It's not. Only the stuff you get from your butcher should be considered as safe to eat raw (although I wouldn't personally as I am
worried about the different  bacteria that give a terrible case of food poisoning, but I'm not worried about trichinosis).

Stacie