Date:
Fri, 29 May 2009 11:38:50 -0400
> You don't mention any studies here, but I'll assume you've read some.
> These older people, or cooked-diet people - what were they eating? Were
> they consuming grains? Dairy? What? How was it determined that whatever
> wrecked their guts was due to 1) lack of enzymes as a result of eating
> cooked foods 2) deficiency of bacteria due to lack of raw and/or
> fermented foods? If they were eating a regular mixed diet (ie: SAD),
> could that in itself not result in a compromised gut, regardless?

Good points.  Moreover, although we shouldn't assume that reduced
pancreatic output is an inevitable result of aging, we also shouldn't
reject the possibility out of hand.  It is, to say the least, premature to
claim that cooking causes the problem.

More comments about the enzyme issue are found at:
http://www.beyondveg.com/tu-j-l/raw-cooked/raw-cooked-2b.shtml  Yes, that
site tends to be anti-raw, but it has the advantage of being generally
well argued and documented.

Todd Moody