From:
Amadeus Schmidt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 19 Sep 2000 10:03:51 -0400
On Mon, 18 Sep 2000 15:16:39 EDT, Stacie Tolen <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:

>I am wondering, if you could take a poll among vegetarians would you find
>that a great many have been victimized, and if you wanted to get all
>Freudian about it, would you find that this has anything to do with their
>decision to be vegetarian?

Victim?

My own story is: I once tried the historical time of fasting before
easter. Which was vegan until 1465 and is (not only) IMO much older
and reflecting the time of food scarcity in spring times.
Also very good in a view of imunology.
Just a try.

After 3 weeks i just felt so good that i wanted to keep it.

Later on i got aware of other "reasons" like ecology and health.
And from a viewpoint of karma or ahimsa possibly causing less bad
influences
for my own future.
And killing less animals ... ok. You could eat unkilled meat (died
naturally) though it would be much less.
Or, if you expect health benefits from it, you could eat only some
livers
from time to time, which contain almost any advantages of meat in the
most
concentrated form. To the biggest part, livers would be a leftover
from all
the muscle meat eaters (I use leather too).

But over some years I've developped a kind of esthetic feeling , which
would
make me feel rather odd eating a carcass.
Thats it.

You mentioned:
> ...Cost of Meat ...Now I know this person, she thinks
>she doesn't *deserve* expensive things.

Why is meat such a expensive thing? This is a kind of common paradigm.
Its
assumed to be expensive and valuable. Bbecause it's costly to
"produce" it
in industry age. This view is common in 95% (or more) of the society.
Influences even many scientists.
E.g. in the expensive tissue theory they venture to describe meat a
energetically dense food. With only 20% protein and not much more.
I regard, that only fat is, what's really dense.
And fat is abundant in nuts and a few seeds -  not in wild game in the
savannah.
In meat it's so sparse that it becomes a limiting factor.

Palolithically thinking it's a not very efficient food.
This is difficult to imagine for us western people.

Amadeus S.

about beeing a victim:
"Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean some one isn't out to get
you..."
-unknown
hehe