From:
Elizabeth Miller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 4 Jun 2004 15:00:19 -0700
The list of foods that my daughter mounts an immune response to is mind
boggling -- even some good paleo foods. But we know her gut was a mess
-- she had been diagnosed with full blown IBS -- before she got the IgG
test, she would keel over in pain every time she ate and would have to
literally run to the bathroom. The IBS symptoms disappeared within a
week of her not eating the offending foods and the behavioral problems
went as fast. She's now able to eat many of the foods sometimes as long
as she doesn't eat too many at once or too often. She believes dairy,
wheat, eggs, sugar and black pepper are the worst offenders for her
still. She has no trouble with any meats.

Regarding the foods you listed as most allergenic -- they are not
necessarily the ones that people most mount an IgG response to, but are
ones that people mount an IgA response to -- more of a true, immediate
allergic response, as opposed to the IgG 'food sensitities' response
that is generally a delayed response. The most allergenic foods
according to Haas are wheat, dairy, chicken eggs (how many chicken eggs
did early man eat), soy, corn, peanuts,and sugar, followed by much less
reactive foods: yeast, glutens (wheat,rye,barley,oats, spelt, kamut),
rye, oats, shrimp and other shellfish,etc., potatoes sometimes,coffee,
chocolate, tomatoes (the last four are new world). None of the foods in
the top seven above (account for almost all of the allergenic responses)
are allowed by SLD. Rice is one of the few non-paleo foods that rarely
gives rise to an immune response.
The Haas book (The False Fat Diet) is worth a read.

Liz
   Allergies are