From:
"John C. Pavao" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 10 Dec 1997 08:22:52 -0500
But the whole concept of this diet, and therefore by extension this list,
is purism.  Hey, I'm not perfect in practice.  But I don't post suggestions
to the list about where I digress from the diet because this isn't the
place for it.  If I was still on the lowcarb list, then that would be a
place for discussing such things.  The discussion of non-paleo issues on
this list degrades the list by turning it into nothing but a subset of the
lowcarb list (as I remember it; I haven't been on it since spring).  Not
that I think there's anything wrong with the lowcarb list, but if I wanted
to discuss those issues, I'd re-subscribe to the lowcarb list.  Bringing
non-paleo issues to this list only muddies the waters and gets discussion
going in the wrong directions.  It confuses the new people, especially the
ones who haven't yet had a chance to read Neanderthin.  I'd really like to
see this list a little more "purist" than it has been lately <g>.

My $0.02,
John Pavao

It may be a little outside the scope of this diet, but I'm not *that*
much of a purist.  I figure if it works for what I want it to and
doesn't cause bad results, use it!