Date:
Tue, 9 Dec 1997 07:10:00 -0800
My son has improved a lot on a paleo diet. We went to a children's museum
over the weekend and he was engaged in the various exhibits for hours!! To
put it all in perspective, about a year ago we went and all he did was stim
(stare) at some lights there for the whole time.

Needless to say, the improvement is stunning.

My question now is, he still has an abnormal interest in fans, lights, and
still obsesses on cars and vacuum cleaners. Not NEARLY so much as before,
but it is still there. He is still inordinately sensitive to touch, can't
stand to have his head touched as it hurts.

l. How long does it take to be on a paleo (mostly pemmican) diet to clear
out candida?

2. Would these symptoms (OCD)  be from candida or bad bacteria like Clostridia?

3. Do I need to get his blood checked to see if the candida invaded other
organ systems (such as the brain)  besides the intestinal tract, and
possibly put him on Diflucan, which is a systemic antifungal? I would prefer
not to do that, will the diet clear out even systemic candida with time?

4. Or, do I just need more patience? We have been paleo for a couple of
weeks now, mostly pemmican with small amounts of lettuce, steamed
cauliflower, and some pork rinds with almond butter.

5. Could it be the almond butter that is still feeding the dysbiotic organisms?

6. Should I go pure pemmican as suggested by Voegtlin (sp) in the Stone Age
Diet? at least for a while.

7. Should I make him eat more fish, he really does not like it at all.

8. Is he getting enough calcium and other minerals from pemmican?

So far, all the therapists that work with him are commenting on the changes.
Not only that, he finally has some energy and some color in his cheeks,
above all is in a much better mood, and remarkably, the abdominal swelling
and bloating is  GONE for the first time since antibiotics.

Moira

Now, if I could just get myself to stay on it!!!<grin>