From:
Stacie Tolen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 24 Sep 2000 23:36:04 GMT
I use arrowroot in the place of cornstarch for thickening stirfries
and
gravies.
(Don't use flour at all due to celiac condition.)

Lynnet

Thanks...when I did a web search for arrowroot, I got lots of
cassava/tapioca info. It seems arrowroot can also be derived from
cassava
(this is what I was confused about).

So, where can I buy arrowroot? I couldn't find it at the HFS, do you
know of
anyplace on web? I checked GFPantry and GFmall, again searched for
arrowroot, brought up tapioca.

Since I do have some tapioca flour, and I feel fine about using it, do
you
(anyone) suppose that it would work in place of arrowroot until I can
actually get the arrowroot, for the arrowroot bread (cracker) recipe
at
paleofood.com?
Thanks,
Stacie