From:
Amadeus Schmidt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 29 Mar 2001 07:42:28 -0500
On Wed, 28 Mar 2001 15:12:41 -0500, Stacie Tolen <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>Amadeus, you wouldn't have happened to have learned anything in school
>which
>we Americans may not know about Hitler's diet, that we might be interested
>in on this list?

Hi Stacie, in school 3rd Reich was only gone through in a political aspect.
Few information on the "Fuehrer" as a person - didn't matter.

The generation of parents/grandparents reported of great fear among the
ordinary german population. A wrong word could send you to KZ.
So many men were killed in the war. So much aggression against the "own"
people. Most houses damadged, hunger, all these murders (including war).
In Hitler a criminal (also for many contemporaries in the 30ies) came to
power and to some extent a psychically damaged one (he sufferd several days
blindness after a gas attack in WW I).

As far as I got to know from other sources, Hitler had sympathies to a
certain "blood and soil" movement with a simple agriculture and ordinary
farmers. That implied sympathies to vegetarianism he is said to have
practised to some extent. I've heard reports however that he ate his pizza
with salami and ate sausages. Not very vegetarian.

Hitler was rather sick in his last days, so he only could write with a
felt-tip pen in his last years.

Dark ages for us.

No connection to any nutritional topic. Really.
At most curiosity or rethoric.

ehmmm

I'd like to thank for the helping and encouraging postings those who sent
them. Thank you.

Whoever chooses to use verbal violating attacks -
they speak for themselfes.
No further comment necessary.
As I told before, I just have to stop conversation to somebody if the
language becomes inadequate.

I whish we could come back to some discussion on nutritional topics instead
of discussion on me.

I know, that there are fierce discussions between the veg and nonveg Fronts,
in the society. Such discussions often involve (more or less indirect)
personal attacks and discrediting each other. Many of you will have
encountered them, especially those which have been vegetarian preciously.
I'm happy that we have managed to keep often interesting discussions on this
same topic, while still accepting each other as we are.

I feel that I have gained a lot information on topic nutrition and also
archeology/anthropology while staying here. Particularly because I have
found serious arguments, I wouldn't have founde elsewhere. I hope it was of
value to "the other side" (most of you) to have somebody viewing our topics
from a different viewpoint too.
As long the topic is "paleolithic nutrition" and not "meat based nutrition"
the mixture may work.

Yours,

Amadeus