From:
Philip Thrift <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 24 Sep 2000 14:54:43 -0400
On Sun, 24 Sep 2000 12:17:36 -0400, Todd Moody
wrote:

>What religious viewpoint does ID promote?  How is it a "cover"?

This is the sort of thing that would be submitted as evidence
in our hypothetical case before the Supreme Court:

There is at least an honest reponse to the letter about why ID
is *not* science in that shows the origin of ID in a religious
belief in God:

    http://www.arn.org/docs/idushouse_700.htm

    How can the authors of this letter be so confident that God plays
no
    role in the observable world? Once we acknowledge that God exists,
as
    these professors presumably do since they teach as a Christian
    university, there is no logical way to rule out the possibility
    that God may actually do something within the universe He created.

I remember that Creation Science tried to play the same sort
of game: that there is this thing called "special creation" that
created the species -- we don't make any statement about what is
behind it -- we don't say anything about the Bible or God.
The court didn't buy it. Maybe the Bible doesn't play into
ID, but God does.

Philip Thrift
http://www.paleofitness.com