From:
Justin Hasselman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 7 Feb 2000 13:38:05 CST
Todd Moddy wrote:
>You are working on your own degree.  That is excellent.  I hope
>that when you receive it you will take pride in it because it
>represents a lot of *work* -- not just smartness -- on your
>part.

My time currently spent in college is a waste.  I'm majoring in computer
science b/c I want to get into networking.  It would be most efficient for
me to go the library and buy about 5 networking books off the shelf, read
them, and then go get a job.  But b/c people are impresseed with a piece of
paper as opposed to knowledge, I have to take a plethora of bs courses that
are useless and I have no interest in.  Even my courses in computer science
(programming, etc), are for the most part useless.  I could learn enough to
get into the networking field with only 2-3 months of reading and training,
but thanks to those that believe (or is it have 'faith') in the educational
system, I have to take 4 years out of my life just to impress some idiot who
will hire me at a job interview for my piece of paper.

And I did understand your post perfectly well.