From:
Dick Dawson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 22 Jan 1998 04:49:25 -0500
in some old email Micke wrote:

[..]

> Yes, it seems that candida feed off of carbohydrates mainly. Candida
> also seem to feed on hormones. The symptoms are reduced when carbs are
> reduced. I haven't eliminated carbs completely to see if the
> relationship holds. A problem is that candida is airborne. I have taken
> yeast medication that stopped all symptoms, but they returned in two
> weeks. By the way, everyone has candida present, it's just that some
> people are effected badly. I think it's an immune system break down as I
> said. Candida, I've read, are responsible for cadaver decomposition.
> Candida are also responsible for diaper rash.

[..]

I believe most folk get some C albicans infestation at birth from the
birth canal.  I've heard and read (Crook?) that normal gut flora keep
it reasonably well under control.  Use of antibiotics depresses
normal gut flora and Candida flourishes.  Its waste products are
supposedly moderately toxic.  Restoration of normal gut flora helps.
Such organisms as Lactobacillus acidophilus are highly beneficial.

Supposedly nystatin will kill C albicans of one simultaneously
discontinues feeding the yeast ie: lowcarb dieting.  But supposedly
lowcarb dieting does the job by itself.