Date:
Wed, 9 Feb 2000 17:07:09 -0500
Thanks for the reply, Dori!

> I can get by on only five or six hours of sleep a night.  I'm sure others
> would be interested in what, if any, changes you notice after giving up
> dairy; keep us up to date!

The most immediate change was an almost immediate loss of an additional 10
lbs. This was a surprise as I had already dropped from a chubby 230 pounds
to about 170 on an Atkins style low-carb diet. I was quite happy with 170.
My weight had stabilized at 160 and I was not attempting to lose any more.
Then I went paleo, stopped eating all that fatty cheese, and promptly
dropped another 10 pounds almost overnight.

I'm actually trying aggressively now to gain weight for the first time in my
life.  I'm 6' 1", 160 lbs (thinner now than I was as a teenager over 20
years ago!), but I'm not about to go back to my old misguided life of potato
chips and pizza. So I'm eating a lot of fruit in an attempt to gain weight.
Apples, bananas, pears... I had forgotten that these natural treats could be
so tasty and satisfying.

-gts (Gordon)