From:
JŸurgen Botz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 14 Feb 2008 11:45:50 -0300
Paleogal wrote:
> LOL !!!  Just be sure to swing through the trees when you're done eating.  I
> think those monkeys don't sit behind a computer or watch television.  Their
> nutritional requirements are probably a lot higher than ours with the type
> of activity they indulge.  Unless, of course, they're in a zoo......

I don't think so... swinging through trees vs. sitting behind computer
is mostly
a matter of energy, i.e. calories, and even there one mustn't
underestimate the
rather high energy requirements of the oversized human brain, especially
when
fully active (vs. sitting on front of the TV).  On the other hand,
living a long
life, maintaining a well-functioning brain and immune-system, being pregnant
for 9 months and nursing for 3-4 years... these are areas where NUTRIENTS
are far more important.

So I think if anything, humans, whether in their natural state or in
civilization,
have higher nutritional requirements than monkeys, even if they are less
physically active.

:j