Date:
Sat, 30 May 2009 12:40:26 -0600
From: "Marilyn Harris" <[log in to unmask]>

  I think raw meat is probably the best way to eat meat (all other animals eat meats raw) but I
> have a concern more for picking up infectious diseases and parasites ...

Marilyn, that is the only reason I have not yet begun to eat raw meat.  I know there are spices, and possibly foods, that helped kill the eggs of parasites in our bodies, but I think before adding raw meat into my diet I would probably want a really good idea of what to take to counteract parasitic growth.  I have a progressive neurological condition that has been ongoing for about 16 or 17 years and I really don't need a high parasite load.

I remember my father, who is now 93 years old and still doing a little gardening, having the family eat some raw meat while I was growing up.  We all enjoyed it and I'm sure that if started to eat raw meat again I would probably love it.  That said, because of my very serious ongoing nerve death and muscle wasting, I am concerned about the possibility of ingesting something which will make my condition worse.

We have brain disease in deer here in southern New Mexico (which may or may not be passed on to humans - there is some controversy regarding that), so I would stay away from deer.  I do have a source for organic beef that is raised exactly as I would want it to be raised... but I have no idea what kind of parasite load the free range cattle may be carrying and passing on to me.

I know that eating freshly ground cloves is helpful in killing parasite eggs, as are black walnut hulls, etc. but if I were to begin eating raw meat, I would really want to have a protocol set up that I could follow regularly, as opposed to doing what for me would probably be too intense periodic parasite cleanses.

Does anyone have a good anti-parasite protocol that they follow when eating raw meat?

Kath