From:
Bill Wilcox <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 27 Feb 2009 20:58:11 -0500
> Whose analysis?  Of what bones?  One look at our teeth compared to
> those of other carnivores would seem to indicate that we were not
> solely carnivorous.  And all the hunter-gatherer societies I've ever
> heard of ate plants if they were available.  (Yes, I know about the
> Inuit -- but like I said, "if they were available").

Other carnivores have to kill with their teeth, we don't.  That is the
difference.  They don't kill with their claws, they use them to hold on
so they can bite.  We can strangle, throw rocks and spears, and poke
animals with sharp sticks and rocks (as knives).  Our digestive tract is
closest to that of a wolf, which is a carnivore.