From:
Dori Zook <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 12 Sep 2000 21:57:16 MDT
Mike,

>How do you explain this kind of synchronicity to the Correct Thinkers?
>Beats me.

To me, that question is actually an explanation.  You can't explain
spirituality/religion/faith.  You have to FEEL it.  Oh, you can try to
put
it in words.  It's good for you, in fact!  But you can never really
say what
you mean.  That's the beauty of it.  But hey, I'm preaching to the
choir, as
it were. :)

>I have to say that the Paleo list is the least supportive support list I've
>ever seen...

I second your emotion.  Yes, this is my second religion.  But I'm a
realist,
too.  I'm not a sports fan, but I'm reminded of baseball here.  If
you're
batting .900, do you really need to try harder?  If I were rolling in
money,
I'd buy free range meat.  But I'm not, so I (gasp!) go to the grocery
store.
  By eating such eee-vee-ill foods as mainstream meats and vegetables
I've
lost major weight, regulated my menstrual cycles, the whole nine
yards.
Would it be better to eat organic apples with no pesticide?  Yes, but
would
an apple WITH some pesticide on it kill me?  It hasn't yet.  Then
there are
those who would say "apples aren't truly paleo anyway."  What the hell
do
you people eat?  Dandelion greens and raw squirrel meat?  Fine if you
do,
but who died and made you NeaderGod?

>Bless you for trying to help the poor girl being batted around like a
>hockey puck between the media, her doctors, and her parents.

Thank you very much for kind words.

Can you keep a secret?  I hope so, 'cuz I'm going to tell you one.

Okay, my firm now represents (drum roll, please) Michael and Mary Dan
Eades!
  (Protein Power) How it came about is a story in and of itself.  I
can't
think of anything to make me a happier camper.  Keep this under your
hat for
now because we had earlier approached Ray Audette.  He didn't have the
money
and his publisher wouldn't help him.  I love Ray.  I just don't have
the
heart to tell him I'm representing the competition.

Part of me wants to put this on the list after breaking the news to
Ray.
But you know what that'll mean; they're not pure paleo, blah blah
blah.
Sigh.

If you see them in the headlines, you know why.  And I'll be dancing
for joy
on more than one level.  Life doesn't get much better than that!

Dori