From:
Dori Zook <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 3 Feb 2001 19:26:54 -0700
>This is so well written and so convincing I would like to quote it to
>others!
>
>I would like to be able to include a credit to the writer-- can you advise.

Lorenzo,

Thanks for the compliment!  We (Avrin Public Relations Group) put out this
news release to some 10,000 newspapers/syndicated shows/network shows/etc.
last week.  Feel free to pass it along.

If anyone would like the full press kit, write me privately at
[log in to unmask] and and forward it to you.

The McGovern select committee (which included Bob Dole and Ted Kennedy, for
any political junkies) mandated a reduction in overall fat consumption
(especially saturated fat) and an increase in complex carbohydrates (i.e.
grains) in 1977 after hearing from numerous experts over the course of
several years.  This is the very formula found in the USDA Food Guide
Pyramid.  When broken down into macronutrients (carb:fat:protein) it's also
what the USDA recommends farmers feed livestock to fatten them for
slaughter.

An interesting sidebar; US law now requires all changes in dietary
recommendations be tested before being put into effect.  The USDA food
pyramid formula was not tested until AFTER it went into effect.  The
committee based its recommendation on testimony from scientists who cited
results from tests conducted in other countries.

If you read the full release, you saw the story behind sugar
recommendations.  23% of the calories consumed in America are sugar; this is
from the government's own records.  That's right, nearly one quarter of what
John Q. American eats is sugar.  And government officials wonder why we keep
getting fatter and developing diabetes!  God help us, every one.

Dori Zook
Denver, CO