From:
Dori Zook <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 14 May 2003 16:39:48 -0600
>My question is...can this dietary adaptation be achieved in the more
>moderate temperatures also?... and if so, what mechanism is required to
>affect such an adaptation? The whole diabetic world awaits the answer!!

I'm working (on the side) with a Colorado physician who's used a high-fat,
low-fat, adequate protein diet to successfully treat type II diabetes for
years now.  Only in rare cases do patients require medication.  The same
prototype works to treat heart disease and obesity, as well.  But he
recommends as little saturated fat as possible due to its impact on insulin
response, the chief culprit in all of the above.  I'm sure this will ruffle
at least a few feathers but hey, that's what free speech is all about.  The
bottom line is this - it works.  But traditional doctors hate it, not to
mention drug companies.  Cured diseases don't make them money.

Dori Zook
Denver, CO