From:
jdynbttn <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 13 Mar 2002 18:23:31 -0500
> JoAnn, how much how often (the weight lifting, not the food consumption!)?

i usually lift 4 days a week, i do two days of upper body (bench press,
incline flyes, shoulder presses, bicep curls, rows) and two of lower body
(squats, deadlifts, quad and hamstring curls), and i throw abs in whenever i
can find time.  i lift as much weight as i can for 3 sets of 10-12 reps,
once i can do 15 reps of a given weight, i increase the weight.  as for
cardio, i despise it.  i do go for long walks, weather and time permitting,
either with or without my dog.  and i like riding my bike in the summer.
but for the most part, my exercise is the weightlifting.
i pretty much eat as much as i want of a paleo diet (and this even includes
the occasional cheat of chocolate or maybe a tiny bit of dairy in the form
of hard cheese), but lifting lets me get away with it.  i estimate
(according to those online bodyfat calculators) that i'm about 18-19%
bodyfat.
and besides, having muscles makes me feel like a badass chick :)
JoAnn.