From:
Elainie Gagne <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 11 Jun 2004 18:11:14 EDT
In a message dated 6/11/04 2:51:46 PM, [log in to unmask] writes:

> Have you ever read magazines about allergies?  They are stuffed with
> adverts for substitute foods.  Most of them are replacing one evil with
> another.  Any bets on how long it will take soy allergies to overtake
> wheat and milk?  Maybe one day when food manufacturers find some reason
> to lace everything with soy protein like they do with wheat and milk
> extracts we'll be shopping for soy-free milk (but still with the
> obligatory calcium overdose in every glass).
>
> It's a strange aspect of human nature that people don't like giving up
> foods they're used to, although they're quite happy to live without
> things when they've gone without for a month or so.  I don't doubt this
> is due to the addictive nature of many foods.  And never mind the
> cravings, it took me weeks to stop *my mum* sneaking butter into my
> dairy free diet (after I didn't eat the soy margarine I bought).

I think soy allergies are becoming more widespread and thank goodness there
seems to be some people even open to the idea that soy is not good food, I
cannot wait until info becomes more widspread   and accepted that legumes/beans
are not indeed healthy   and contribute to so many health problems. Won't that
be the day!

Elainie