From:
Wade Reeser <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 1 Jan 1999 14:01:35 -0500
Barry,

I'm don't think the 6000+ calories are recommended for weight loss.  I have
eaten well in excess of 5000 calories for weeks at a time and have NOT gained
weight.  I ate little carbohydrate and probably was in and out of light
ketosis.

For weight loss, I would certainly keep calories above some threshold to avert
the infamous starvation response but you'll probably have to restrict
calories.
There may be a handfull or two whose metabolism is dramatically raised on a
palolithic diet and may eat considerably more than others.  I believe than for
a paleolithic type diet that averts food sensitivities, that weight tends
to be stable
over a great spectrum of caloric intake.

What are your goals?  Do you want to lose considerable weight (fat)?  Do
you want
to stabilize weight?  Gain?  I'm willing to through in my two cents if ya
wanna hear.

    Hope this helps,

    Wade Reeser   [log in to unmask]