From:
Wally Day <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 13 Feb 2006 22:52:21 -0700
> Showing that it can be mixed
> into a nice mole sauce doesn't make it paleo.  And if it aint paleo, we
> shouldn't eat it, no matter how much we may crave and desire it.

The original post was something like "what properties does chocolate have
that makes us like it?", or something like that. I simply questioned "why
does it have to have some 'special' property? Why can't it just be a matter
of taste/flavor?"

I know, I know. It's not paleo. So why discuss it on a list dedicated to
"supporting the Paleo diet"? Well, there's a couple of reasons.

First, if someone wants to be a purist, I would think he/she would want to
know why the attraction from such an "evil" food. Some nutritional craving?
Enjoyment of the robust bitter-sweet quality? Something else (like Keith's
neolithic mixture hypothesis)?

And, if someone is not such a purist, I would think he/she would want to
know "how" to partake of such a food with the least amount of
cheating/guilt.

Your reaction was the same kind of dismissive spin I would expect from K.O.
on the Cyberpump list. But, that's alright. K.O. was the guy who introduced
me to John K. Williams' research, which has provided me with new angles
with which to look at the puzzle. It's all good.