From:
Todd Moody <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 24 Feb 2000 13:59:26 -0500
On Wed, 23 Feb 2000, Justin Hasselman wrote:

> Another question: Is Spinach paleo?  I'm guessing it is, but I'm making sure
> it's not one that falls through the cracks (kinda like when I learned
> cashews were legumes, not nuts).

Actually, cashews are real nuts, not legumes.  They are
considered non-paleo because the shell has a caustic coating that
makes it difficult to extract the nut.  The theory is that this
means that paleo people would not have been able to eat them.  In
addition, I think cashews may be a New World food.  Some people
exclude all New World foods from the paleodiet.

Todd Moody

PS Spinach is paleo.