From:
Jane Warner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 23 Dec 2002 00:56:36 -0700
Hi, Rob!

I'm glad that answered your question.  I checked my copy of the book, and
on page 167 is "The Protein Type Diet Allowable Foods Chart." He does allow
grains (whole grains only) and legumes and potatoes.  They are all listed
in the high starch sections.  Of course, we know enough to disallow
them.  The rest of the diet looks pretty good, except for the dairy.  He
allows only whole fat dairy.  On page 184, he starts his list of the way to
find your "Personal Fuel Mix."  Cut out all the "caution carbs":  grains,
starchy vegetables, and fruits.  When you start to feel cranky, add in more
nonstarchy vegetables from the chart.  If you don't start to feel better,
add a little starch to your meals, one tbsp at a time to dinner.  He is
stingy with those carbs for Protein Types!  When you get your metabolism
stable, the diet is about 70% protein and fats (40/30) and only 30%
carbs.  Wahoo!  I love it.  This is not a Paleo Diet, but close and easily
modified to fit.

Rob, I'm so glad you brought up your question.  In looking over the book to
answer it, I see that there is a lot of very helpful, take-you-by-the-hand
info that I can use.  I had forgotten I had this resource.

Jane