From:
Lynnet Bannion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 5 Jan 2009 06:57:27 -0700
On Sun, 04 Jan 2009 16:46:56 -0700, Jack Oughton <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:

> I am somewhat worried, as this seems to be developing into an eating
> disorder with the classic jekyll and hyde internal dialogue: ie. 'i know
> the
> extent of the damage of this is doing to me, I WANT TO EAT IT MORE!' and
> guilt.
Been there.  Done that.
That stuff is addictive.  You are addicted.  Don't feel bad; most people
are.

> I want to detox myself and my environment. I need to master my urges as
> well.
>
> Any of you guys got any wisdom? This is a very big problem for me
Things I've done:

1. A one-day water-only fast generally resets the worst of the cravings
for me.

2. Make a list of the evil things you are eating, in categories, and give
up one every     couple of days. For example, today I Won't Eat Chocolate,
but I'll eat corn chips and cheese, etc., Wednesday, I'll give up the corn
chips.  Friday I'll give up the cheese.
I've found that eating one of the baddies tends to set me up for others,
and each one I stop reduces the craving for the rest.

3. If possible, don't have any in the house.  Somehow it's easier to
resist if you have to drive somewhere and pay money for them, rather than
just opening the cabinet or frig.  If your family members, however, are
eating the evil food every day, you're just going to have to do it the
hard way.

Most cravings are worst in the first few days, and then fade away.  For me
at least, by the time two weeks has passed, I don't even *want* chocolate,
cheese, or whatever.  So there is hope if you can tough out a few days.

4. Make sure to lay in a stock of really good food that you like, that
makes you feel good.  And eat it.  Being hungry weakens your resolve.

Good luck,
	Lynnet