From:
Erik Hill <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 24 Nov 1999 19:54:02 -0700
In my case, and perhaps it's just cooincidence, I happen to be allergic to
exactly the foods which D'Adamo suggests are best for me, and the better they
are for me, the more allergic to them I seem to be.  I'm a type "A".  I'm
severely allergic to garlic and onions, for example.  I tried the ER4YT diet for
A's at first, but of course became quite ill.  I am in debt to the diet, in the
sense that it helped me pinpoint food as the most significant part of my
problem, and specific foods to boot (although I was already thinking along
those lines).  I now thrive on a diet much closer to being type "O", including
the weight loss which often comes to those on low-carb diets (or perhaps
low-glycemic diets may be a better term, as in, high in foods which do not tend
to profoundly effect blood sugar levels).  I don't see D'Adamo's claims as
being so hard to test.  A double-blind study could be used where one group is on
their correct-type diet, another group is on specificlly a diet prescribed for
ANOTHER type, and the third, the control group, on no special diet at all.
Keep track of symptoms (using the method employed in Immuno-Lab's pilot study
where the efficacy (spelling?) of an elimination diet based on ELIZA-RAST test
results testing for IgG anti-body reactions to specific foods, perhaps.  Ok,
that sentence wasn't the best I've ever formed...) and other factors such as
weight loss and gain.  It would be hard to test cancer and heart failure rates,
but D'Adamo claims much more immediate results from his diet.  Just an idea.

Erik