From:
Ingrid Bauer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 10 Feb 2000 02:10:11 -0800
>The hundreds of millions who contract malaria each year, and the
>millions who die, might well trade a few terminal years for freedom from
>the disease in the earlier decades of life.
>
>     http://www.junkscience.com/ddtfaq.htm
>
>Viruses and bacteria may be life's little messengers, but malaria is a
>message I myself would rather not receive. Whooping cough in infancy (my
>mother thought I was going to die), chicken pox, measles, and flu, not
>to mention assorted bouts of food poisoning and countless colds, have
>already told me more than I want to hear from Mother Nature's smallest
>creatures.

Your post is a good illustration for me that each one of us see things from
his or her balcony.
You will rather shorten your life than getting infectous  diseases while
young.
>From my point of view i wish i had more acutes diseases when young
and not having to deal with the autoimmune chronic condition that i have
now.
Because i can't stop myself to see a strong correlation between our
victories over infectous diseases and the rise in autoimmunes and cancerous
degenerative conditions .
There is days i wish i had died then , from all the diseases well
intentionned peoples, tried to save me from,  thru vaccinations and
antibiotics   rather than  to go thru the feeling of selfdestruction.Knowing
that my body is so confused that it destroy itself is not allways easy to
live with.
Having experienced dying at least 3 times i am not concerned with bugs
wanting to take advantage from my lack of vitality, i am concerned by the
slow suffering of self destruction.
I am the lucky one amoung the sufferers of autoimmune disorders because just
one pill and i am supposed to live normally ( at list the doctors try to
convince us Addisonians that it is the case).
They were quick to point out that the president kennedy was affected by
addison disease and that it didn't stop him to have all the responsabilities
of the "world "on his shoulder. very few of us,  i hear,  feel as lucky as
him .
so it is just a question of perspective .
Yes the "discovery " of cortisone saved my life yet i never saw any interest
from the part of doctors in answering the question why do adrenal glands
stop to produce it. I got more an answer of that kind. What is your problem?
take your cortisone and shut your mouth.

>From my perspective i see acute diseases as an attempt of bodies to maintain
homeostasis ( All infectuous diseases manifest some kinds of excretions
trying to get rid of unwanted materials). Repressing that attempt lead to
further ,deeper disturbances .My experience have been that,  when getting
more in line with this natural wisdom and capacity of life to maintain
itself, acute diseases become healing agents.

About DDT i don't know if it  is compararable to the miracle cure cortisone,
but i keep wondering even if it is not as bad as previously thought,  how
good it can be for building real health.  i see It  as a mean to avoid
answering to  the  real issues. While we are busy fixing problems we loose
the willingness to wonder if we could not have caused them in the 1st
place.and by that realisation,  that we don't  even have a problem in the
1st place .
we are dust returning to dust. sooner or later is irrelevant . At least we
have the responsability to make the journey a joyfull  experience.of
wonderfull moments
I wonder how much joy the half naked indians children have at spraying
cashew nuts with DDT as i saw them doing , may be they will rather enjoy
harvesting the wild fruits of the forest ( something i saw them doing also
but here from their own accord)
I know for sure that neither the doctor my mother or i had a good time when
it was time to" take care" of my health by injecting vaccines in my blood.
At least we should learn from those instinctive responses that life knows
better how to take care of itself.
jean-claude
Ps wanting to trade some autoimmune symptoms for some bugs.