From:
Erik Fridén <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 19 Jul 2005 01:35:42 +0200
I've long connected my migraine to "abnormally deep sleep". When I've slept poorly and get the chance to "sleep out", that's sure-fire. Since alcohol (and much carb in my opinion) impairs sleeping patterns it also gets it going. I know what being hung-over feels like - this is not it. Also the medication works as usual. I sometimes get what I call "sub-migraine": most of the head-ache and a slight feeling of desorientation, but without the "vomiting your guts out" and visual impairment parts. I guess you could call that a "pansy" attack, and yes, that's the type that alcohol triggers nowadays (but as I wrote in my reply to TBs post, I rarely get the pukey variety anymore, anyway)
EF

Adam Sroka <[log in to unmask]> skrev:

1) any kind of alcohol can give you a "really bad headache" Despite this headache being really bad, it is a pansy
headache by migraine standards.

Additionally, alcohol use could be related to migraine symptoms,
hypothetically, since alcohol affects the behavior of blood vessels
systemically,