From:
Ken Stuart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 15 Jan 2009 11:52:52 -0800
Hello,

I finally got a chance to see the movie "Apocalypto" on blu-ray, and I'm
surprised that a search shows zero references to it in this list over the two
years since it was first released.

One possible summary is:

Happy hunter-gatherer tribe (shown conspicuously carnivorous) is attacked and
persecuted by unhappy, mentally unbalanced and environment-destroying
agricultural corn-eating city dwellers.

It seems to me that it was a giant commercial for Paleo vs Neolithic, were it
not for the fact that the film making was so realistic, that the aforementioned
persecution was depicted in a way that is quite horrific and brutal to the
viewer.   The result is that the point is made all the more clearly, but certain
scenes in the middle of the film can be difficult for those who are more
sensitive and certainly not appropriate for those under 13 years old.

Recommended to all Paleo fans, with attention to the above warning.

--
Cheers,

Ken